It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net!
Aiken County Public School District (ACPSD) is offering the opportunity to extend your child’s educational experience through an online Virtual Summer Enrichment Program. With extensive research pointing to the summer months as a significant time for student skill loss, our District’s Virtual Summer Program will fill the learning gap from the end of one school year to the beginning of the next.
Through the use of Compass Pathblazer, a web-based learning tool, students will have an opportunity to work on individual areas of need in reading and math as determined by the system’s screeners and diagnostics. Using adaptive screeners and diagnostics ensures the delivery of precise instruction to accelerate students to grade level and beyond.
* Who can participate? All current ACPSD Kindergarten through 5th grade students.
* Where? From any device (computer, tablet, or smartphone) with internet access.
* When? June 6 through August 5. Pathblazer will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, though an hour a day five days a week is what’s recommended. * Interested parents should register their child by May 30. Visit http://compass-pathblazers.acps.schoolfusion.us for details.
Rewards and incentives are available to students and parents who register online by May 31. Registering makes your child eligible for a weekly drawing in which four students who score an average of 70% or more on their weekly core activities will receive a $20 gift card. Parents of participating registered students will also be entered for a chance to win rewards and prizes. Students can participate without registering, but will not be eligible for rewards and incentives.
* Students will complete Compass Learning activities in Reading and Math successfully each week.
* Each student will complete core activities successfully with a score of 70% or higher. (Lessons can be repeated until a score of 70% is attained.)
* Parents will follow their child’s progress by checking the Student Portfolio (backpack) under the student Pathblazer login. The Student Portfolio gives parents and students access to assignments, learning activities, chapter tests, lesson quizzes, and objective-based tests.
Students will use their Office 365 login information to access the Compass Pathblazer program.
NOTE: The Aiken County Public School District site for the Compass Pathblazer Program is: http://www.thelearningodyssey.com. The school field will default to ‘Select or Type’ the first time you visit the Compass Learning website. You may have to click in the Odyssey field, highlight the word Odyssey and type in Aiken to replace Odyssey. Once you have logged in, your browser should store the school code.
To ensure your student’s success from the start with the Virtual Summer Enrichment Program, please visit our Parent Support Webpage at http://compass-pathblazers.acps.schoolfusion.us. This information is also available on the school district website home page under the Parent menu and “Compass Pathblazer.”
Local Support Information
For assistance in setting up your system or support with login issues, please contact our technical personnel via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Compass Learning Support * Compass Learning Support Portal: http://www.compasslearning.com/support * Support Team: email@example.com